Excellence in Oncology Nutrition Research
This award is given each year for the top-rated abstract relating to oncology nutrition submitted for presentation at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics's Annual Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™.
- A complementary one-year membership in the ON DPG
- An award recognizing their achievements, which will be presented at the abstract presentation (either poster or platform presentation). Also a ribbon will be displayed on the abstract during the poster session.
- Recognition at the ON DPG business meeting during the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics FNCE in which they present their research findings.
- Recognition in the Fall issue of the Oncology Nutrition Connection newsletter
- Abstracts are submitted to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics with code 5150 (Cancer) as either the primary or secondary topic area or abstracts that contain the word cancer or oncology in the title.
- The report must meet the criteria for submission as a research abstract.
- Program-project report abstracts will not be considered.
- The primary author of the winning abstract will be considered the awardee.
- The abstract must conform to all rules of submission as outlined in the annual call for abstracts published in the February issue of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Awardee will be notified by August 1st of each year.
- Award winners are strongly encouraged to publish their research findings in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Assistance with manuscript preparation is available if requested.
Abstracts will be reviewed through the regular Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics abstract review system and by the ON DPG Award for Excellence in Oncology Nutrition Research review team. The ON DPG review team will consist of the Research Special Interest Group Chair, two members of the Research Special Interest Group, the DPG Chair and Awards Chair.
Questions about the ON DPG Excellence in Oncology Nutrition Research Awards?
Contact: Monica Bojko Nominating Chair-Elect at email@example.com
Past Excellence in Oncology Nutrition Research Award Recipient
2004: Barbara Dixon
2005: Denise C. Snyder
2006: Mary Beth Kavanagh
2007: Denise C. Snyder
2008: Donna Scaffidi
2009: Susan Raatz
2010: Teresa Fung
2011: Gayle McCartney
2012: Elizabeth Ruder
2013: Teresa Fung
2014: Brandi Heath
2015: Colleen Spees
2016: Emily Hill
2018: Taylor L Evans
Page updated: April 2019