Distinguished Practice Award
This award is to formally recognize an outstanding ON DPG member who has worked to promote nutrition as a vital component of oncology patient care through professional presentations, publications, involvement in other oncology related organizations and active participation in oncology related patient activities.
Eligibility for the Distinguished Practice Award
- Current or previous member of the ON DPG.
- Not previously selected as the winner of the ON DPG Distinguished Practice Award.
- Not currently a member of the ON DPG Awards Committee.
- Self-nominations are accepted
Nominees will be considered based on:
- Previous or current participation in the ON DPG through volunteer, elected, and/or appointed positions.
- Professional accomplishments in the field of oncology nutrition as exemplified through teaching, professional training, clinical experience, public speaking, research, publications, nutrition education for the public, entrepreneurship, policy-making, credentialing, etc.
- Exceptional performance and contribution to the field of oncology nutrition through evidence-based practice, communication, program development, and impact on oncology practice.
- Participation in oncology focused organizations to promote nutrition as an integral component in oncology care.
- Recognized by peers as an expert in oncology nutrition care.
To nominate an ON DPG member for the Distinguished Practice Award, click here.
The award recipient will receive $500 and a commemorative plaque at the ON DPG Member Reception during FNCE® 2023. In addition, the recipient will be featured in the Oncology Nutrition Connection newsletter.
Questions about the ON DPG Distinguished Practice Award?
Contact: Paula Charuhas Macris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Distinguished Practice Award Recipients
2000: Kathryn Hamilton
2001: Not awarded
2002: Nancy Sacks
2003: Esther Kim
2004: Suzanne Dixon
2005: Diana Grant Dyer
2006: Shayna Komar
2007: Barbara Grant
2008: Not awarded
2009: Not awarded
2010: Heidi Ganzer
2011: Colleen Doyle
2012: Maria Petzel
2013: Wendy Demark-Wahnefried
2014: Mara Vitolins
2015: Kristen Trukova
2016: Colleen Spees
2017: Alicia Shapiro
2018: Kim Robien, Anne Voss
2019: Paula Charuhas Macris
2020: Jeannine B. Mills
2021: Whitney Christie
2022: Rhone Levin
Page updated: March 2023