Serving Size: ½ cup
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, medium diced
- 1 tbs garlic, ground cinnamon, cumin, sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, ground cumin, sweet paprika
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 2 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 white potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbs sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups spinach
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until the onions begin to turn translucent
- Add cinnamon, cumin, and paprika to onions
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, carrots, vegetable broth, and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer, and then change heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
Fat 11 g
Carbohydrate 47 g
Protein 15 g
Sodium 760 g
Submitted by Marisa Mozer, MS, RD, LDN, on behalf of ON DPG