Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Serving Size: 1 muffin
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 14 ounces zucchini
- About 3 to 4 medium zucchini
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350°F
- Line 2 muffin pans with paper liners (spray with cooking spray)
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl
- Whisk the eggs, sugars, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl until the eggs are broken up and the mixture is blended.
- Fold in the flour mixture using a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Fold in the zucchini until evenly mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mix
- Fill the muffin wells about two-thirds of the way. Bake until the muffins are browned or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
Fat 4 g
Carbohydrate 29 g
Protein 2.5 g
Sodium 201 g
Submitted by Marisa Mozer, MS, RD, LDN, on behalf of ON DPG