1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, medium diced
1 tbs garlic, ground cinnamon, cumin, sweet paprika
1 tsp ground cinnamon, ground cumin, sweet paprika
1 (14.5-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
3 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
2 sweet potato, peeled and diced
2 white potato, peeled and diced
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
4 cups vegetable broth
1 tbs sugar
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cups spinach
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until the onions begin to turn translucent
- Add cinnamon, cumin, and paprika to onions
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, carrots, vegetable broth, and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer, and then change heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
Fat 11 g
Carbohydrate 47 g
Protein 15 g
Sodium 760 g
Submitted by Marisa Mozer, MS, RD, LDN, on behalf of ON DPG